Friday, September 7, 2007

Wow What A Day!

Well, this week started off great and went downhill from there!!! I'm really hoping today will bring a bit of joy!
Yesterday a lady at my office got the news that her 7 year old granddaughter was being taken into surgery to remove a mass from her brain. The surgery went well, and the surgeon said he was certain he got all the mass, that lab results would not be in until Wed, and that if it WAS something worrysome, it was low grade.
Then mid morning I got a call from my son-in-law--he had just received a FedEx letter informing him that he was being recalled to active duty and would have another tour in Iraq; this would make #3. He has been discharged from the Marines for 18 months, but, of course, you remain "available" to them for 3 years after discharge. Needless to say, he & my daughter were devastated. They have one son who is 17 months old--he was in Iraq for the entire pregnancy & returned home 5 days before the birth. And, he was just accepted into & began attending nursing school through an extremely competitive program. AND, they had just sold their house (close on the 21st) and were moving to some land given them by his grandfather.
Just when things seem to be going well???
This follows on the heels of my own son's surprising divorce. He had been married to a darling, beautiful young lady for 1 year & 2 months when she announced that although she loves him & he is the perfect husband (???), she didn't want to be married, or have children ever, and she needs to find her "passion" in life. It hurt us all as we had fallen deeply in love with her also--she's been part of our life for 3 years.
Ok, I know there are many, many people who are facing trials much worse than mine, but I just need to vent. I keep holding onto the verse "he will give you the desires of your heart". And my desires don't lean towards the materialistic -- I just want my kids healthy, safe and near! My faith is wavering, but I keep trying to refill the void with promises that I know my Heavenly Father has given. I do think that as one experiences trials, faith grows. Mine should be at least as tall as "an elephant's eye"! (Only Okies & musical lovers will get that! ha ha ha).
AND today I have to travel with two friends to another dear friend's fathers funeral. He was elderly and ill, but it's never easy!! Especially since there had been tension & estrangement in their lives.
Thanks for listening friends--it helps just to get this out and sometimes it's difficult to share with those family members and friends closest to you--after all, I AM superwoman!!!
I hope everyone out there has a blessed & happy day!

3 comments:

nene P said...

Ok missy.
I have been told by my bestest friend in the world that,the devil lives in this world and will tempt you at every turn. Not once, not twice, but many times. More especially, those with the most faith. The devil is sticking his hand of doubt into you mind and turning every little stabbing finger to make you believe that God is not in control of your life and is not wanting the best for you or for your heart. We have to keep believing in the higher powers of our Lord Jesus Christ. We can achieve all thing through Jesus Christ. He does provide the desires of our heart... on His terms and time. You have to believe that God had his hands in that little babies brain and all will be fine! You have to believe that your son in law will be protected by the daily prayers of all of your friends. We will pray a veil over him each and everyday! You have to believe that those that have not been in contact with their family members will deal with these thought in there own way and that when they find out they can't on their own, they will turn to Him! You have to believe that your son will find the one for him. Maybe not the first time, but maybe the second. She is out there and He-the heavenly, one has that perfect girl for your son. You have to believe because my best friend had told me numerous times, that I to may doubt but its that old devil trying to get his ugly claws into my thoughts and brain. But we must have faith and believe, because he is THE I AM.
I am praying for you right now!
Love you
Your best friend

Little Town Big Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Well, bless your heart! It DOES seem like that when it rains, it pours, doesn't it?

I'm sorry to hear about your son-in-law having to go back to Iraq. But I sure thank him for being willing to do so. Still...I know that he'd much rather be home, obviously.

And as for your soon to be former daughter-in-law - that's a real bummer! Don't you wish you could make young adults understand that "the grass isn't always greener!" somewhere else? But - that's a whole other post and I think I've just left 2 really long comments on your blog so I guess I'd better stop before I hog all the room (if there IS such a thing. lol).