Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Dinner For 120!!

Dinner for 120--that's what I cooked tonight!!! Each year, Sept through May, I am the cook for Wednesday evening dinners at the church I belong to. This is my 6th year as cook, and I just LOVE it!!!! Now, I work full time for the school here in town, as an administrative assistant, but--my bosses (head honcho & asst head honcho) know that this is my passion, and they let me leave at noon on meal days! So tonight was the first of this season. I have one dear friend who comes in part way through the afternoon and helps get things ready, then I have 2 friends who come during the dinner and act as servers, and 1 who washes up. My dear, dear hubby is my right hand person--couldn't do it without him.
Tonight we had sloppy joes, baked beans, tater tots, salad, relish tray and cake. I'm feeling the tired right now!
AND--I have to deliver food for the monthly Chamber of Commerce here in Small Town tomorrow--homemade lasagne, steamed broccoli, french bread, salad & strawberry cake. So the lasagne is made, and the cakes are baking. Once again, I cook it the evening before, put things together before work in the am, and take my lunch time to deliver!!! Luckily, one of my bosses is Chamber President this year!!!
AND--I have an order to deliver 30 sandwiches, cookies & chips to the football game press box on Friday--did I tell you I also work closely with the Athletic Director!!! ha ha ha
They give me this business each home game!!
Needless to say, this is a busy week!!!
So are you wondering about the title of my blog? Well, I live in Small Town Oklahoma--my family has been here for decades--my grandmother graduated from school here in 1917!!! I love the Andy Griffith show---maybe because that town parallels the town I grew up in (Opie & I are the same age!!). I love this town. But I have a big BIG life--full of jobs, friends, family, co-workers, and lots of interests in this town and life. I'll have to tell you more about it next time.
Right now---I must check the cakes & cut the salad veggies!!!!

1 comment:

nene P said...

mmmmmmmmm..... sounds yummy, the strawberry cake that is. You know I am a carb addict!!!!!
Have a good night.