Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mountains of Meringue

After delivering the meals for today & tomorrow to the tennis club, I came back to get ready for the meal for tomorrow! Another 7am-7pm day!!! (Repeat after me, Pam, I like this--I wanted this---I love to cook). Seriously, I am having a great time!! My sister went with me to deliver today, and at the tennis club we ran into some old friends. Small world!! Then we went to a new shoe store and I bought a pair of shoes---like I will ever have time to wear them! They are DEFINITELY NOT work shoes.




So, after getting back here's what I did: (and this is for 50 people) Mandarin Orange Salad, Hot Rolls, Green Beans, Party Potatoes, Beef Brisket, and
(drum roll please!), 6 HOMEMADE cream pies--no pudding here--not even the cook and serve. No Way! These are "scratch" pies on "scratch" crust. 2 lemon meringue, 2 coconut meringue and 2 chocolate meringue! And then I made 2 fresh strawberry pies!! This after 20 cobblers for the tennis club today!!!





Hubby helped me in the kitchen today, and after I finished with the bowl for the chocolate pie, I left some in and told him he could have it. He said "Boy those people will have their tongues slapping against their lips to get this down!!" and then I looked around, and as he was taking his finger and skimming out the last bit of chocolate he said "I'm trying to figure out how to get my face down into this bowl" ! He was cracking me up!!! Now you see why I enjoy him helping out?? That plus he loves to cook and he likes the "commercial" dishwasher. He'll do a load and announce "Another full load in less than 2 minutes!". He's a sweetie pie. (No pun intended)





I have gotten some of the sweetest cards from some of the people I worked with at school. Some that I wouldn't have even thought cared! Just goes to show--if you treat people with dignity and friendship, they remember! I have always tried to get along with everyone else--life is just too danged short to feel mad or any other way but happy---and since I'm the one in control of my own happiness---I choose to be happy !!!






And sappy!!! Sorry about that left turn!





Anyway--the feet are a bit tired tonight, and I have magazines stacked up to look through. And the sofa is calling my name!




So all of you have a great Sunday and I'll keep you up on the wonderful world of catering!!!

1 comment:

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Wow! You are something else. I can't even begin to tell you how much I wish I lived closer to you. I'd arm wrestle your husband for that chocolate bowl (and when chocolate's on the line, I can be pretty fierce. LOL). Sounds like you are having the time of your life (and your pies look way too good...I've salivating!).

Kari