Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Adventures in Catering--Day 1

Man oh man oh man!!!! This has been one heck of a day!! Got to the kitchen at 6 this morning, and we had only one lunch to prepare & deliver. And it was a salad bar, so it wasn't much work at all.


Then, as we were picking up supplies, got 2 calls for tomorrow!!! And we had one on the calendar. So, we shopped for food, went back and prepped all that we could, made bread dough, made pies for Friday, and cleaned up. At 4:30 we left for the day!!!


I am quite tired. No, I am REALLY tired!! Most of the work for tomorrow is finished, but there is prep for Thursday. If we get too many for Friday, I think I'll call in sick--ha ha ha.


What is on the menu for tomorrow? Creole Chicken over rice, Herb Roasted Chicken, Italian Green Salad, Napa Cabbage Salad, Green Beans, Homemade Bread, Italian Cream Cake, Strawberry Cake, and Banana Pudding!!!!! We will have served 96 people. In three different locations!!


Anywho--it is an experience. And I am enjoying it (grimace face---yes, I am!!!). Hopefully it will get smoother and a bit easier--dare I think that?????


But on Thursday I shouldn't have to go in at 6---probably will start late, you know, like 7!!!


I'll keep you posted!!

No comments: