Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ha Ha Ha

Oh, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I just read Kari's post from today on Just Livin Large, and I can't quit laughing inside my head!!!

Now, Kari, I have to add to your sentiments. All of my life, I have been a member of the "Itty Bitty Titty Club"! And if you think THAT isn't a shopping nightmare! Most of the time, if the cup size is correct, it squeezes around the mid section til I am nearly blue from waist to well, to where ever!

Having entered the Perimenopausal Party, I am noticing a gain of weight in the booby area---unfortunately, in other areas also, but I am getting used to the tightness of clothing there! Anyway, I have gone through a couple of bra sizes in the past 2 years. Did I also mention I am short? So to get the straps where they don't fall of f my arms, I have to shorten the straps to the full extent. Which means the bottom portion of the contraption rises at will. And at won't!

So, I am finding what Kari describes to be sooooo true, as far as different sizes in different brands. Even in the same brands. Men design these, right????? Give me a sketch pad and a jock strap---I have some designing for ya!

And, just how fun is it to go "taking bras to the dressing rooms"! This is the LEAST (swimsuits excepted) fun item to try on. It's never adjusted, so the imagination is left to roam---what would this feel like if it were adjusted??? Do I dare adjust the straps---if I put it back on the rack, will the next person strangle? And WHO wants to put on bras that others have experimented with???? Kind of like panties, without as much chance of bodily fluid! Except if new moms are trying on bras. EEEWWW just skip that!

And you CAN"T say--how does this look on me????? Who cares????? Who wants to know?????

Go over and read Kari's post. It's a hoot and holler!!!

The week is progressing rapidly, and I have much to say, but NCIS is on---the finale---love me some Mark Harmon!! And I do like Abby. And all of the cast actually.

So good night all. Wonder who'll be leaving the show---not the Man From U.N.C.L.E. I hope!!!

2 comments:

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

You're an NCIS fan??? Okay, we'll get back to that.

First the bra thing. I have HAD IT with bra shopping. That's what brought that whole post on. I went bra shopping when I was looking for clothes to wear on our Mini-Moon. I swear! All the sweating and contorting I did just taking the hundreds upon hundreds of stupid bras off and on should have burned enough calories to shrink my arse a size or two! What a nightmare. And then, the other morning, just to make sure I remembered how much I HATE bras, I went to put one on and picture this...(Well, don't really "picture" it, but you know what I mean!)I was standing in my closet and I slung that puppy around so I could fasten it and one of the straps caught on the doorknob. The sheer velocity of my arm jerking the bra around almost knocked me off my feet when that lycra/elastic reached it's stretching limit. lol Bras. Can't live with, darn sure shouldn't live without them.

Now back to NCIS. I just recently discovered how much I love that show! A couple of months ago, I got hooked. I think they started showing it all day long on USA network on the weekends or something. Anyway, I became an addict. I had to go buy the first 4 seasons on DVD just so I could catch up. lol I'm so glad it was the director who left last night. I love Ducky and DiNozzo and McGee and Abby and, of course!, Gibbs too much for them to leave. Not really loving Leon (the black guy taking over as director, was that his name??). Can't wait 'til next season to see how they handle him trying to break up the team.

Okay, I'd better quit rambling and get started on my day! (Thank goodness I've already strapped on my booby trap - at least THAT ugly chore is over and done with).

Kari

Debra Johnson said...

Love the post!! :)
I think one should be able to have a bra custom made...like they do jeans! *And then we could even customize it with the boobs we'd 'like to have'...having the manufacturer fill in the'air' spaces ( were boob should be..but isn't) with some nice soft foam...so it a t-shirt I can look any way that I'd like to! Essentaily a breast augmentation for $35.00. I know they have the jelly insert thingys....but I live in complete fear that I will be in accident and my two jelly boobs will be laying on opposite sides of the freeway...
When they collect the pieces and parts of me to take to the hopistal..it will be there in the police report...two jelly boobs. No thanks.

Hhhmmmm....I think this is an area that still needs much improvement!:)
Thanks for making me smile!
Debra