Saturday, May 17, 2008

Meet Otto!

If you read my previous post, you know I went to the new animal shelter in my town yesterday. While there I saw this darling doggie.
Growing up, my family had a miniature dashhund named Rudy. He was like one of the family, but my dad was his favorite and vice-versa. My dad is a major animal lover (apple doesn't fall far from the tree!), and he is always saying he would sure like another "wienie dog". Well, I immediately called dad and he immediately called the shelter, and sight unseen, he adopted this little rascal!
Dad & I picked him up yesterday afternoon. He is already neutered, has all his shots, and LOVES people! The shelter called him "Dynomite", but dad wanted a German name for him, so he is now "Otto".

Otto arrived home to find a big brother, Max. We weren't too sure how they would take to one another, but lo and behold, they like each other. Max is around 7, so he's not quite as rambunctious as Otto, but they took to each other right off the bat!!! The only thing Otto claims as his own, and growls at Max for nearing, is his bed. Mom had a cat bed and cleaned it up for Otto, and Otto jumped right in and made it HIS!
Aren't they cute?????? He is very, very well behaved, sleeps in his crate at night without any whimpering, and follows Max around the rest of the time!!
It's like he knows that his life has been spared, and that he found the best family on earth! He really acts appreciative!!!
Now, I did have "girls night" last night. But we FORGOT to take pictures!!!!! Penny, Carol Ann and I ate at Olive Garden, saw "Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day" and then ended up at Barnes Noble---big surprise there!!!
The movie is quite good. I think there were a total of 7 ladies in the whole movie room, and we all left commenting on what a great story it was. It's not a comedy---but has some funny parts. It's just a real good movie with a story, no blatant sex scenes, no horrid language. But an actual STORYLINE!!! And it's a good one. I would highly recommend it!
While standing in line to get tickets (at the wrong movie house!), someone called my name, I turned around and there was my cousin!!! She lives in that area, and her sister was in from another state. We don't see each other near enough. This is the aunt, uncle, cousins, that I was practically raised with--we saw each other at least once a week even living in different towns. And we were at Grandmother's often at the same times. I love them dearly.
Anyhoo---I called them this morning and said "hey, I'll cook dinner Sunday if you guys will come up". One has to work, but the one from out of state is coming, along with their younger sister. I'm so excited. You cannot believe the laughter that will ring through the air when we are all together. And the love that just is "seeable".
I'm going to try to bribe my daughter & family to come from the other side of the world~~ha ha. I'm seeing her today, and my cousin (who has her first grandchild the same as Hank) hasn't seen Hank since last spring! This is going to cost me!!!
Well, better go and clean the bathroom!
Have a great day!

3 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

Hi Otto!! SO cute!! Check out our post today for a fun freebie magazine offer!!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

tommie said...

hope the visit went well!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

hey - you're just like me! Clean the bathroom when company's coming. lol

Hope the visit went well. I bet it was fun. I love getting together with my cousins. It doesn't happen near enough!

Otto is the cutest little thing! The whole time I was growing up, my dad had a thing for Dachshunds. And every single one we ever had was named "Buddy". Always. Every time. I think Dad was a tad bit obsessed about them. lol

Kari