Saturday, February 23, 2008

End of the Day

Hey all!! It's been a hectic day!! Delivered a full sheet cake at 9 this morning, went home, finished a wedding cake, delivered the cake with Penny as my co-pilot (she was coordinating this wedding), went back home to a housefull (Hank, daughter, mom, sis, niece), went to Target with them, then home to finish making dip and off to a church function, then back home to see Hank off!!! Whew--it's amazing how much one person can do in 12 hours!!!!


So, Tuesday Update asked me what I was taking to the function---I didn't know until the last minute, but here's what I took along with the recipes:

Hot Artichoke Dip
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (use the "real" kind)
1/8 tsp hot sauce
Mix all together, sprinkle top with chopped tomato, bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


AND


Smooth Cheese Dip
1 (8 oz ) package cream cheese
1 can Creamy Onion soup
1 (80z) jar picante sauce---heat is your choice
Melt cheese & soup on stovetop, when melted add picante sauce & heat through.



Serve both with chips.




Both dips were a hit---not a speck left. I was going to make some bacon wrapped asparagus, but ran out of time!!!



On my trip to Target, I discovered so many things I could have purchased---why is that? When you have the moolah there is nothing to buy, but when you are rushed & low on cash, all the shelves have the cutest items. I ended up buying daughter a pair of shoes (Target has the cutest shoes) and Hank two shirts.


Hey readers, my brain has turned to mush---I can't even finish a sentence without stopping and trying to remember where my thoughts were!!! So that must mean it's time to stop and sleep!!!

Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

tommie said...

Both of these look great. Thanks for sharing. I know so many people who don't share recipes, so I was hoping you would.

tommie said...

okay, as I was putting these on recipe cards, I noticed the first one didn't say how much artichokes?