Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Return of the Dwarfs


Ok, not to make more of this than should be, BUT, this is a much MUCH better picture taken of the Seven Dwarfs on Halloween. This was taken by the local newspaper, and yep, you guessed it--we'll be renowned in our town!!! Ah poetry!!
I'm the one in the green, and sitting beside me is the office NUT, Stacie. We have such fun.
I guess that's one of the things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving--having seven gals and two men working together who like each other, and get along! There have been a couple in and out that have really tried my nerves, but this time, this crew is a-ok! And, get this, four of us graduated from the school we work for!!! Matter of fact, my boss, the superintendent, was my driver's ed teacher in school!!! Talk about not getting far from home---but this is the way I want it. I love this town, the people, the school, the eccentrics, the oddities, all that goes with this town. I couldn't think of a place I'd rather be; in fact, if I were to move away, I think I would want to take the town with me!!!!
Well, I'm pooped from cooking the Thanksgiving dinner for church tonight---50 lbs of turkey breast, 2 1/2 gallons of gravy, 5 pumpkin pies made in large sheet pans (yes, I make my own crust!!!). Had about 150 there. So, you can understand why I have to close for now.
Later!

2 comments:

Phyllis Renée said...

You make your own crust? My, you are adventurous :) I haven't made a real pie crust since Pillsbury came out with the ones you just roll out. Man, what a time save! And they turn out perfect every time.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I hate to break the news to Phyllis Renee, who commented here that Pillsbury pie crusts come out perfect every time, but that just isn't so. Unfortunately for me, I find even THOSE pie crusts "challenging". lol And I don't care what anybody says, homemade just tastes BETTER. (Well, MOST homemade tastes better. Maybe not MINE, but MOST others do.) lol