Saturday, November 17, 2007

Birthdays & Baking!

Today is my dad's 75th birthday--isn't he a cutie? My parents are in good health & I'm so thankful for that--Dad even still plays tennis weekly with a group of retirees. And, he's into anything he can get into in the community--he is a trustee for the local education foundation, serves on the Sr. Citizen Advisory Board, is the head of the Historical Society, is active in the Chamber, and a group of alumni called the "Nifty 50's" (all graduates of the 50's from the high school here), and leads singing at his church (which he has done for 50 years!!!).


I'm so proud of my mom & dad, and would tell you more about my Mom, but this is Dad's day, and dads are overlooked too often! I'm lucky to live within 2 miles of them--they have been able to enjoy watching their grandchildren (4), and now their great grandson grow up. So Happy Birthday to Dad!!! We actually celebrated his birthday (along with 2 other family members who'll I introduce on their birthdays!) last Saturday night. But, I wanted to mention him!!







This is what I did yesterday & today!! I goofed on the cake tho--in my mind, I am acclimated to think of this year as 08--that's the year according to the educational calendar. So, when I post or code for school, it's 08, and since this was for the SCHOOL football team---well, you can see where this is going. Haven't heard from the reception people today--I'm sure I won't hear the end of it Monday---lots of joking!!
The pies were for a coworker who was having her Thanksgiving Dinner this evening. The meringue is homemade chocolate--it would have really looked pretty if I had cut a slice out & taken the picture. She would have probably overlooked it, but, just for a picture??? How tacky of me!!!

Other than those items, I just hung out at home--did laundry, put things away (my house was beginning to look like one of those derelict pack rats lived here!!). And I don't have to deliver, shop or anything tomorrow! So after church, it's hello house clothes!! I can't remember the last time I had two days in a row that I didn't have to make deliveries or shop in bulk!! It's such a treat. And it won't last long. Next weekend I have several events to cook for, so I'm going to indulge tomorrow!!!



Went to "Affair of the Heart" in the local metropolis Friday. This is the first fall/winter show in this area--we usually only have the July show. I have to say, it was NOT the quality of the July show--I left quite disappointed. I did find a couple of things to purchase--things I'll add to Christmas decor, but usually I'm talking myself out of purchases all over the building. Not the case this time. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come from them!!!
I hope to do some "wreath making" tomorrow. I have all the supplies & have had for the past 2 years!! So, tomorrow is the day!!! Don't make any bets yet tho, I have been known to go back on my word in this area!!!
Have a great evening!!! Gobble Gobble.


1 comment:

Robin said...

My goodness your parents look terrific!