Friday, December 7, 2007

Friday, Family & Fun!




Ok, so it's Friday----thank goodness!!! I made it through an exceptionally booked week!!! I know I've said that before, but this really took the cake. I won't even tell you my schedule, suffice to say it began hosting a meeting on Monday night, something every stinkin evening, and ended with a family dinner at home tonight.



But, the dinner tonight was in honor of my son's birthday---never a better reason to host than that. Had both sets of grandparents here, daughter, son-in-law and grandson, sis & her hubby & two kids, plus niece's new "boyfriend". We had beans & cornbread, ham, green beans w/new potatoes, cranberry salad, coleslaw, sweet potatoes, key lime pie, & brownies. Now, lest you think I really am superwoman, let me just add that some (most) of the menu was left from dinners I had cooked previously this week!!!



So I want to share the joy with you, so I'm posting some family pics--not to brag, but to show how fun it is when we all get together. I'm trying to post between paragraphs, but it may not work for me. Be patient!!


Well, better luck next time--the first pic is of son (left), niece & nephew.

The second pic is of son, son-in-law & daughter (making silly face).

The third pic is of son & his mom---ME!


It's amazing to think I have a child 29 YEARS OLD!!!! Doesn't seem that long ago that I was 29---and he was just 5!!!

I am extremely proud of both kids, and son-in-law---they are such good kids. They may never be wealthy, live in elaborate homes, drive top of the line cars, or have American Express Gold Cards, but they are fair, kind, decent, hard working, loving people. Can't ask for more. Wouldn't want to.

So, as you can imagine, I am bone tired, so I'm signing off for now. Did you by chance notice my tree has lights, and nothing else!!!!???? Gotta fix that!!!

Sweet Dreams all.


3 comments:

nene P said...

HAHA at least yo have a tree with lights. My tree is still in the attic!!!!
P

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Aaaahh, what a good lookin' family you have! But what's with that OSU shirt? Sooners baby, all the way! (Unless you're like my dad, then you like OSU just to be contrary. lol).

Now have a good night's sleep then get yourself up tomorrow and slap some ornaments on that tree. ha

Christy Woolum said...

Wow... what a week. I am impressed that you even got a tree up.