Thursday, February 5, 2009

Exhale---

This is such a bad picture I'm surprised I'm posting it!! Got to do something with that hair!!! Anyway, this was at the Chamber of Commerce regular meeting today where I was the "featured speaker"---now don't get all excited. It's not really THAT big of a deal.

The fun part was that I put together a DVD called "A Tale of Two Towns" paralleling two communities--one that was surly and rude and one that was friendly and welcoming. The local librarian & I were the "stars". Yes, Mr. Mayer--I'm ready for my close-up.

It was fun, funny and I'm glad it's over. The moral of the story was that we have to sell our personalities in this day & age to compete with the offerings of larger communities. Bla Bla or something like that.

Well, that and working 2 and 3 lunches every day this week, and now preparing for a dinner for 225 on Saturday has made for one very tired actress! If only I had the perks of Hollywood stars--I could call for my masseuse, my pedicurist, my manicurist, and my personal assistant, and have tomorrow's work done for me. All while I was sipping on some ridiculously spirited frothy drink, and reading a new script!!!

I have all these crafts I want to do, I want to clean house, I want to read a magazine from front cover to last word. Oh well, that will come in time. Right now? I'm preparing for sleep.

By the way--does anyone out there know anything about dreams and their meanings? Please help me out with this one. Last night I dreamt that I was, ummm, how shall I say this, "with" Teddy Kennedy!!!!!!! We were quite an item!!! Now why in the name of all that is sacred and republican, would I have this kind of dream???? Am I wanting recognition? Am I wanting a larger family? Am I wanting a rousing game of touch football?????? This was so weird that I kept replaying it in my mind all day---not a pretty sight!!!

So, wonder what tonight will bring???????

See ya later!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

You look great in this picture! Very pretty lady, you are. Thanks for lunch yesterday! Staci and I had a lot of fun :)

Miss Gracie's House said...

Now I'm getting tired just reading about all that you have going...my daughter, on the other hand, would love it...she is the cook in the family! Don't know about that dream (nightmare) about Kennedy...
Thanks for the comments...it's better just knowing I'm not the only "crazy" out here:)
Rene'