Friday, December 5, 2008

Hooray for Friday!!!


This is one Friday I am going to ENJOY!!! Beginning next Tuesday, I am booked each and every day and weekend!!! So, today is the day to finish cleaning & decorating around the house---that plus I have a family dinner here on Sunday afternoon. And, since I am away from the house so much anymore, cleaning & decorating are actually enjoyable-how sad is that?????
Last evening was the Christmas Gathering that many of my friends and churchmates attended. It was simply wonderful, just as anticipated!!! The workshops this year included decorating tabletops & doors, new goodies for stocking stuffing, women's health, and ---drumroll please---cooking!!! It was fun and refreshing. AND--we got lots of good food to eat & the recipes too! It was ended with a devotional which reminded all of us to put an internal emphasis on the blessings we have. What a fun night! I took my camera and fully intended to share pics, but after I dropped the camera in my purse, I promptly forgot about it!!!
Hey I have an idea--wouldn't it be neat to spread all the holiday options over 12 months? There are home tours, dinners, special events, all that I won't be able to attend. Just can't fit it all in 4 weeks; but if it were spread over 12 months---wow---I could do it all. And we could do away with the presents all on one night--maybe one a month. I think the pocketbook would appreciate that too! Well, it was a good idea--- Wait! That's what the birth of Christ does for all of us. The blessings He brought and the promises He gave last each and every month! We have churches to go into and celebrate each Sunday, we have His presence (presents) in our lives each and every day, and His blessings are multiplied as we give more and more of ourselves to Him!!! Ok--there you go---Christmas all year long!!!
Well, it's time---the boxes of ornaments and decor call to me---the dust and piles of "things" are begging to be put away, so I must go quickly to the "Grime Scene" and answer the "Call of the Soiled"!!!
All of you have a great day--enjoy the blessings of the season, and each day.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Wasn't that fun last night?!?! I nearly died when that Linda chick was making the goodies with a drippy nose. It was so funny!!!
Hugs,
Carol

Mosaic*Queen said...

Sounds like you are one busy lady! You Go Girl!!!
Have Fun!
Hugs!

Michelle