Monday, December 1, 2008

December Days

Happy December 1~~~

I love this time of year, and yet, it can be the most stressful time of all! Do you feel it whirling towards you? All of the shopping, cooking, cleaning, planning, card signing, event attending, etc., etc., coming faster and faster????????

Well, take a deep breath and repeat "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will be rejoice and be glad in it" I will, I WILL!!!!! These are the days we look back to as the "good ole days" and wish we had taken them with more care!

Yesterday, hubby and I forsook all responsibilities and (after church of course!), went to eat at a neat little restaurant, The Palace Cafe in the Cherry St district. Then we went to the Festival of Trees at Philbrook Museum. And then, my favorite of all!, we went to Utica Square and shopped at Williams Sonoma and Margo's. Two really big faves on my list! And we topped it off with a visit to Target---back to reality shopping--ha ha ha. It felt sooooo good to have no plan, just take our time and eat, browse and welcome the season. We haven't done that in such a LONG time. And may not for another long while, but it made me feel so settled. So ready.

I have a couple of things scheduled for this week and then---BAM! Next week it becomes marathon cooking once again!

My son turns 30! Yes, 30!!! His birthday is Saturday, and we'll have lunch for him on Sunday. Boy! That sounds like he has an old mother---NOT! It's all a state of mind as long as one doesn't look in the mirror or shop in the Jr Dept!! I think I'm pretty agile & hip for the mom of a 30 year old. I must say---I have enjoyed nothing more than being the mom of my two children. They have brought such joy and fulfillment to my life. I just wish I saw them more these days. You know--they think they have to have these separate lives!!

Went to visit my daughter, son in law and Hank on Saturday. My mom had not seen her new home, so my niece and I took her. Then we had lunch together. I am so proud for them. They have worked hard to get to this stage of life---his two terms in Iraq, moving multiple times over 5 years, living in a little shoebox for nearly a year, his staff infection (which is fine!), her pregnancy with him overseas until the last 5 days. Well, I know there are many, MANY others with like and more dire conditions, but I'm still happy and proud for them!

Now, it's off to clean the house before I go and do major cleaning at the catering kitchen. Getting ready for that whirlwind to hit you know! Enjoy the holidays!

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Shopping and a little food sounds like a nice time! Love that snowman ornament! I'm just starting to decorate our log cabin for the holidays - fun time of year!

Chery said...

Hey Girl!
It's good to hear from you. It kinda feels like I dropped off of the face of the earth the last month or so!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your hubby!! I will be thinking about you in this busy holiday season!! I bet busy means good for business!! chery:)

Carol said...

Your Sunday adventure sounds so fun! I love days where there is no schedule to follow, especially when it involves shopping & eating!
Smiles,
Carol

Tracey said...

Your schedule sure sounds alot like mine. Dec. is a very busy time and I wish I could stop and enjoy the birth of Jesus and the time you can spend with family. I have twin boys who will be 30 in Jan and I don't feel old either. It seems like it was just yesterday that I had them. Where does the time go....

tommie said...

shopping sounds like a grand day...