Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Happiest of New Years To You!!!!

To one and all-- I hope your New Year is full of blessing & brightness.






Resolutions? Moi? No way!!! I'm finished with the custom of resolutions. I just end up disappointing myself when they are all left undone! Perhaps each new morning I'll just remind myself of my blessings, and that it's up to me to make the most of those blessings. Each morning offers a new day to be one's best; to make the most of the next few hours; to smile more, complain less, help others, do my finest labor. So I'll just do the "resolution" thing daily.





What are you most proud of looking back over the past 365 days? Hmmmmm--in trying to accomplish less pride in life, it's hard to say. Maybe jumping out and purchasing the kitchen--especially in the economic realm facing us. Maybe how I cleaned up and prepared the job I left for the next person to take the reigns (and may I say she is doing a marvelous job). Maybe of how passionately I loved my family. Pride comes hard for me.






What do you want to accomplish in 2009? PAYING OFF THE NOTE ON THE KITCHEN!!!!! Now that most likely won't happen this year, but I'm sure going to work on it. The sooner it's paid off, the less worry I have and the more time I can give back to ---- me!---- And, I want to spend more time with Hank. It's difficult as he lives an hour away, and his mom works and doesn't want to share him (yeah, yeah, I totally understand that).









I found a greeting card that showed a "retro" lady sleeping; inside it said "I dreamed my house was clean". I think that is great----I have those dreams. Then I wake up and it hasn't happened!!! Where are those darned elfs????









Well, I'm off to put away the multitudes of boxes containing Christmas decor and to cook for a New Year's Eve party I'm catering. And--Hank is coming to spend the night! Whoopee!!! So I'll close for now.







Sweet Dreams & Sweeter Days!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Happy New Year to you in 2009. Blessings for a year filled with bountiful good health & fortune!
Smiles,
Carol