Thursday, August 7, 2008

Whew!!! What A Week!!!


Hi bloggies!!! I think I have used this picture before, but it pretty much looks like what I will be doing for the long run!!!
This week I have been working on a plan to purchase a catering business locally. It is an established business with a client base of corporate repeats. I was contacted by them while on vacation July 14. This week the final talks have been taking place and it has been a roller coaster ride! First day--it looks good, second day--need to see more financials, third day--who are they kidding, fourth day--this looks good, today---down when at the accountant's, up when at the bank, whewwwwww---we are exhausted from the bundle of nerves that has our intestines in knots!
It looks like it's really going to happen. And I told my bosses Wed about the possibility. That was such a HARD thing for me to do. I have been at this job for over 15 years, and over the course of time, have taken on more and more responsibility. So it's going to be difficult to note everything I do in a week's time. But I am trying.
Any way, I really thought the guys would try to talk me out of it. They have before when I've been angry or frustrated and tried to leave. But this time---they were soooo supportive. Even tho they said they hoped "for their sakes" it didn't go through--ha ha ha. But they also said they realized this was my dream and they didn't want to stand in the way of that (like I would LET them!!!).
So, if all goes as planned, Sept 5 will be my last day, and I'll spend the next four weeks "shadowing" the present owners/cooks. My mom will be helping me out at first and I have GOT to find someone who is willing to work 2 or 3 mornings a week. And not want to make alot of money. And will work hard. Oh heck, why not ask for the impossible!!!
Add to that basket load of worry a school breakfast for 40 tomorrow morning, and a young ladies event I am in charge of Saturday evening at church. And I'm in charge of the dinner of course. Sooooo I have been making lists like a crazed woman!!!
And school starts, and I have a presentation I have to get all kinds of papers ready for. And a power point presentation all cleaned up. And the new accounts started. And the federal grant applications in order. Calgon take me away!!!
So alot is coming down the pike for me. Keep me in your thoughts. I'll tell you more about the (my???) business as the steps are taken!!
Bye for now.

2 comments:

tommie said...

congrats!!! I can only imagine what you are feeling

Chery said...

Hey Girl congratulations! I will be praying for you to have strength in this exciting time in your life. chery:)