Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Busy Bee---That's Me!!!


Hey, I saw myself in the mirror today!!! That's me up above!!! The busy, frazzled bee, flitting from errand to errand. Just today I have : met with the Health Dept, talked to the gas company, faxed documents to the phone company, emailed to the sign company, talked to two potential new clients, and still worked my "old" job. I will be there until the 29th. And so next week, I guess they will have me "training" someone new. And writing checks, and making deposits, and writing receipts, and answering all their calls, and on and on. So much to do!!! The clock is running down.
I met with one of the current owners in the shop today, and after visiting with her I had an attack of "can I really do this??? have I bitten off more than I can chew???"" That fear stayed with me all afternoon. I guess that's just one part of the process. Sometimes I feel as confident as can be---just certain that I can handle this and make it even more successful. And then the sun goes behind a cloud and I am filled with doubt. Will I be able to follow the schedule---will I be able to pay the bills---will I, will I, will I????????
I'm terribly excited--and at the same time, terribly anxious. For the past 16 years I have worked for someone else---someone else has worried about the expenses, someone else has made the major decisions. And all the while I dreamed of doing "my own thing". Now it's here---my dream has come true, and I am having heart palpitations!!!
Needless to say, my housekeeping has gone to heck in a handbag! So, I decided to take off this Friday and just PUT THINGS AWAY!!! I think I could spend the entire day just doing that. And I have got to dust and run the sweeper. I think the dog and cat have resorted to leaving messages in the dust. I don't really think the house is writing "Clean Me"!!! And believe it or not, Big Daddy still wants dinner each night! This seems like the opportune time for him to begin a diet--or a fast! He doesn't so much agree. So throw that into the mix----
Remember the old ad for Toyota? "You asked for it, you got it"? I'd better be careful or he'll start singing that refrain at the top of his lungs!!! I'm just thinking we should start living by candlelight and eating frozen dinners. You know, the old cobbler's children thing again!!!
Well, I'd best close for right now. I'm basically sleepwalking right now. It's time to turn in.
Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

nene P said...

You can do it... you know you can. Its just that ole devil playin with your head, tellin you that you will fail. But I know the real person that will make this place shine and stars will sit right atop your beautiful new sign! I will be sittin under it beggin to come in and snack a bit!
Have a good week.

Mosaic*Queen said...

Wowsa! Wowsa! Wowsa!!!!!!!! You are making a BIG Change!!! And You know what???? I think you are going to have Much Success!!!!! Just remember....you work many more hours when you work for yourself AND forget about a clean house AND hubby may have to learn how to use the microwave. When I had the shop, I worked 7 days a week. I got burnt out after about 18 months, BUT I still had kids at home and my hubby doesn't help out much with home responsibilities, so that had a lot to do with it. My last child will be gone in about 2 years and I may open an Art Gallery/Workshop. :-)
Congratulations my dear!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs!

Michelle

tommie said...

You can do it....just prioritize! Do you ever freeze leftovers for meals like Dream dinners or social suppers? What do y'all have up there in T-town?