Thursday, October 25, 2007

TGIF Tomorrow


Thank goodness the weekend approaches!!! I'm always glad when the weekend arrives, but that means another week older!!! Oh well, can't win for ---whatever!
I have a rehearsal dinner for 70 to cater tomorrow evening. Chicken Enchilada Casserole, Mexican Corn, Spanish Rice, Refried Beans, two kinds of salad, guacamole, salsa, white queso dip. But, hey, no dessert!!! So tomorrow I cook all day, load all afternoon and race to the event. Should be a pretty "simple" one.
The downside to it -- it's for my ex daughter in law's best friend. So guess who will be there? I'm torn about how I feel about seeing her. Haven't seen her since last May. And, truly, I do not feel anger. I feel pity for her--she just gave up the best husband, best inlaws, best family, that she could hope for. She's so mixed up and confused. Doesn't have a good committment example for her in her background. I keep making excuses for her. I guess I still have feelings for her. She hurt my son and I hate that. But he seems to have forgiven her--at least he says he has. I can do the same. It will just be so odd seeing her. I wonder how she will react?
Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well. I certainly wouldn't want anything to ruin the dinner for the bride to be---and I'll make sure nothing will on my end!
I'm pretty tired tonight--have been going full steam all week. I think I'll turn in now.
Oh, please send prayers and good thoughts to Kari at Just Livin Large. She lost her cousin. My heart just crys for her. It seems when you start following someone's progress and praying for them, you take a bit of ownership. Guess I'll just keep praying for her and the rest of the family.
Good night all. Hope to send news on Saturday.

3 comments:

tommie said...

I hope things go okay when you see her....i try to say things in my head first before I say them out loud if I am doubting them. Gives me just a brief second to think about how it impacts the other person!

Anonymous said...

Oh My! That food sounds delicious. I love Mexican and I hope all went well with your Ex D-I-L. Come visit me. :)

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Pam, thank you for thinking of our family during this hard time. It means more than I can say.
Kari