Monday, July 13, 2009

Sizzle!!!!

Wowza---it is hot, hot, HOT here in Oklahoma!!! Like in the 100's hot. Like eggs cooking on the sidewalk hot. Like --- well just trust me, it's too hot to move!!

I'm going to share some family pics with you today--we had yet another dinner (we love to eat!) this past Saturday evening at my sister's house. And all the fam came out. Gotta love those family gatherings. Gotta love that food-- Anyway, here's one of my son and his precious girlfriend. They have been dating for -- hey I think it's been about a year now--- and we have certainly been smitten with her. She's a real doll--inside and out.
And this--well need I say this is my favorite little man in the whole entire world????? He's learning to swim and must have his goggles. And his mommy. He loves his mommy---he loves daddy too, but he LOVES his mommy. I never knew I could love another little one as much as I did my own two, but it happened! He stole my heart and I am besotted with him. Can't stand it when he's away for too long---then I find ways to get my "Hank fix". And now we're going to add another one----happy dance, happy dance!!!
Oh, how sneaky of this cake to jump in!!! It was ordered for a baby shower Saturday morning. The top layer is chocolate and the bottom vanilla. They were greatly pleased with the way it turned out.


Well, after the pic of the sneaky cake--back to the fam--here's Hank's mommy & daddy---my darling daughter & her hubby. She's the best mommy a kid could wish for. And she's a doting wife. And a wonderful daughter----couldn't love her more!!


I, like all other parents, are sooooo proud of my kiddos. They have each turned out so very well---hard working, compassionate, funny, loving, thoughtful---all those things you want to see in young adults. So, I wanted to share them with you. I don't do that too often, but today is the exception.
Now, about these HOT days----hard to believe that in 90 days --- just 3 months---it'll be fall, the leaves will be turning, football will be in full swing, the holidays will begin!!! But today it's just HOT!!! And when you work in a kitchen, the heat is monstrous!!! Business is hopping--I've been so busy that I don't have time to think about anything else. Well, almost--
Enough for today--my brain is baked, and I must recline!!! Have a great week.


2 comments:

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Loved the pictures. Hank is getting so big! And I know just what you mean about the heat. Randey's car said it was 109 on the drive home from work yesterday afternoon. YOWZA! I just came back from Florida and was saying something about the heat here at home and Randey and I looked at each other and laughed, saying "yeah, but it's a DRY heat" (that's what all the Florida relatives say when we complain about how hot it is at home). lol

Erin said...

What a sweet sweet lady you are! You are the precious one. Thanks so much for all that you said. Made me teary eyed, haha. Love you!