Friday, January 23, 2009

AHA!!!

Aha! I finally got it! This is Boomer, my beautiful black cat. For the past year he has been pulling the hair on his tummy out--well, grooming it out. And some on the back of his legs. We have taken him to the Dr., and they did some "skin" tests, blood tests, and other tests, he gets treated regularly for fleas, and he is indoors 99.9% of the time. He's also been on antidepressants and still he grooms himself bare. I think it's probably allergies. BUT----what if it is this--my husband has lost most of his hair and shaves his head. As Boomer is the only other male living in the house, what if he WANTS to be bald also!!!!???? What if this is just him displaying his manliness????? So, I may be kind enough to try a cortisone shot, just one & see if that does the trick. But, if he continues, I think I'll introduce him to an electric razor!!! ha ha ha







You know what I hate more than cleaning house??? A DIRTY HOUSE!!!! I have this raging battle going on within --- I hate, hate, hate to clean house--it takes time that I want to spend doing fun things. But, even more, I hate a dirty house. So, what do I spend my off time from the kitchen doing???? CLEANING---and now I'm into reorganizing. Oh, the time taken away---oh, the dilemma of what to put where, and what to purge! Well, I am finding some really creative ways of making the most of my limited space in the house. And this is such an emotional cleansing!!!





Tomorrow night it's dinner at the house! Both kids & all the family are coming for spaghetti, caesar salad, apple cobbler & homemade rolls! I am so looking forward to sitting round the table, enjoying company of those I love. And, Erin is bringing her mom & dad---hope they aren't overwhelmed by family vibes! We love welcoming newbies to our table. And I particularly love cooking and observing as bellies are filled and laughs roll.





Well, gotta run---the sofa is calling!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Hi there! You asked how your doggie's pic appeared on my blog list. When you go to dashboard, layouts, blog list, you click on show a snippet of last post,don't forget to save before you logout of dashboard. The picture of the last post of each blog you follow will be shown. Hope you could understand my instructions. It really is easy to set it up.

By the way, my grandson Ethan is due Feb. 20th. The baby on my Tuesday blog was of Nathan, my daughter in law's best friend, Holly had him Monday morning. Isn't he cute? I can't wait for Ethan to arrive.
Smiles,
Carol

Carol said...

Edit mistake on my previous comment! Click on thumbnail not snippet! Sorry about that! :0)
Carol

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Girl I got hungry just seeing all these cupcakes on your blog dress..Poor kitty..and I am with you I HATE house work..it takes away from my fun time..thanks for coming by and I'll take a cup cake to go with my morning coffee girl...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria