Thursday, October 30, 2008

Things That Make Me Go HMMMMM

These are just some random thoughts whilst I wait for a cake to "set" so that I can put the final icing coat on.





Why is it that I could sleep all morning long Monday through Friday, but when Saturday & Sunday arrive, I am up before dawn? Can't go back to sleep so I get up, read the paper, re-read the Sunday School lesson, drink several cups of tea, and wait for the sun. The rest of the week I hit the alarm--snooze 5 more minutes please!





I hate low-rise pants. Can't wait for the style to return to the natural waist! When I was in high school we called them "bell bottoms" and "hip huggers", now they are just "low" and "super low". I wore them in high school, long before the battle of the "overflow". Now, I can only wear them with a top long enough to cover the tummy torment, and then, am uncomfortable all day long as the non-muscles in my torso press down, down, down on the pants. Which results in my pulling them up all day long. That's attractive!





Why do campaigns last so dadgummed long? And why are they so negative? Wouldn't it be great if, just once, a candidate got to the podium and announced "I am only talking about my plans and credentials. I will only tell you what I will do, and how equipped I am" Yea right, like that would happen.





Why does time pass so quickly when you are on a schedule, and so slowly when you are anticipating excitement?




And, now, I must return to my kitchen to finish yet another "work of art". Ha ha ha ha ha




Happy Boo Day!

1 comment:

Leah said...

I agree with you - I'm ready for the election to be over with, although I don't know what the news reports will include!

Just wanted to let you know that the Giving Thanks challenge begins today over at my place. I hope you'll be able to participate again this year!

~ Leah