Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cupcakes To Go!!!

Got a call from a gal who wanted cupcakes---cupcakes decorated as one cake, and that look like Spiderman! So, with no pattern, and no idea what I was going to do, this is what it turned out like. She liked the finished job--said the kids could just "grab and go" and wouldn't need plates. Ok, works for me. I wasn't thrilled with the final result, but she liked it, and that's what matters!!

Saturday Hank and Ashley came to visit. Seems Ryan had a huge amount of studying to do and they didn't want to stay in their little "pod" while it rained all day, so they came to town and we went to the mall! Fun time.

We had dinner at my sister's house Saturday evening---my contribution you ask??? Baked herbed chicken breasts and ---how'd you know??---leftover cupcakes!

Today we went to ShalomFest at Temple Israel. My son & his new gal pal wanted to experience the event and food, so we loaded up and joined them. It was good---I like Middle Eastern food. But I have to admit that I like the Lebanese version of the foods much better---they have more flavor and garlic! Bought a t-shirt that says "Shalom Y'All"--now isn't that just cute? And, of course, a Temple Israel cookbook. It has many Israeli recipes in it, but we got a kick out of the "enchilada" and "banana smoothie" recipes. And the "Chinese Chicken Salad". That's just not right! Guess you have to fill the pages with something---and, after all, the Jewish community is not secluded anymore. They have integrated themselves into the various communities into which they have moved over the years. Who thought there would be Jewish Okies????? There are definitely recipes from Israel that I will be trying.

This next week looks like it will be EXHAUSTING!!! Have something on the books everyday---and on Thursday-----well let's just say I came this close to overbooking!!! I have to have my father-in-law deliver two of the lunches whilst I deliver 3 others!!! See what I mean? I'm not--repeat NOT--taking any more orders for Thursday, Friday or Saturday. I'm learning my limits---bills or no bills. A person can only be so productive and do it well.

Gotta run for now---everyone have a safe evening!! Shalom!!!

1 comment:

tommie said...

I don't do anything else but the "cupcake cakes" for the kids birthday parties. They are so simple and much easier than messing with cutting a cake.
If you go to Google images and google 'cupcake cake'....a bunch of ideas pop up.