Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Sighs!

What a farmer!!!


Did everyone have a great weekend??? Mine began on Friday; I took a "sick day"--mental health must be revived, right????


So Friday, I didn't get "fixed" all day. What a glorious feeling! Now I like to be all girly girly as much as the next gal, and I love feeling "good"! But now and then, one must just veg out! I cleaned the bedroom from top to bottom, and then I took a nap!! Ha ha ha. And I baked some cookies from Martha Stewart's new cookie book. MMMMMM


Saturday we took the long road to my daughter's--they are building a house, and the frame work is done, so off we went. Of course we went to see the house!! Hank was just a bonus--oh yes, you doooo believe that right???? My son in law's grandfather gave him 50 acres of land, and the views they have from every window in their house will be fabulous!!! No houses in sight, just hills, trees, and wildlife. They are off a highway, but sit back far enough that they can't be seen. And they have a gated entrance, so it's pretty safe. His parents live 1/2 mile down the road, his aunt another 1/2 mile and his grandfather a couple of miles west.
After leaving "the far country" we went to an Herb & Garden show in Jenks. Not too impressed. Seen one herb, seen them all. And lots of the vendors were jewelry, food, etc. More of a "carnival" event. I would have liked to have seen more garden decor items. Oh well.
Then on to the River Walk, where they were having an Art Show. It was interesting, but I was tired of looking at that point. Mosaic Queen, they had some mosaics but none to rival your work. And Fanciful Twist, they had no art that compared to yours!!! I would have done better to come home and visit my bloggie friends!!!
Then, of course, to Sam's! No trip would be complete without a trip there. Had to purchase food for Wednesday's church meal, along with food for a Senior Adult Banquet next Saturday. One fancy free weekend leads to another busy one!!! Wednesday is lasagne, and the Seniors have requested pork tenderloin. I have a new marinade I'm going to try out--it contains apricot nectar. Sounds yummy---I'll let you know!!
Sunday was church day, and NAP DAY!!!! Yeah, I didn't have a thing to do, so I took me a long afternoon nap. Recharge my psychie!!! And my body!!!
Next Sunday I'm going to a book signing featuring nationally renowned interior designer Charles Faudree. He's one of my favs & I am sooo excited! I'll let you know how that turns out!!
Well, bloggie friends, that's about it for my weekend!! How about yours???
Have a restful night!


No comments: