Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tuesday, Tuesday

Yes, I know--the song is actually Monday, Monday--I just always am behind by about one day!!!

Each week I think, "oh, this is going to be a slower week" and each week, it gets filled! This week I have a luncheon today, church dinner tomorrow, Taste of CV (city I live in) Thurs, two cakes to deliver Fri am, a bridal shower to prepare & deliver on Sat, and a cake tasting on Sat afternoon!!! The Taste of CV is a function of our Downtown Main Street program, and incorporates all the area restaurants to set up in businesses along Main St from 5-8 pm. Participants purchase one ticket which entitles them to taste all of the offerings!!! You probably have been a part of, or heard of this type of event. I'm setting up in a really neat little shop that has lots of trinkets, jewels, lotions, candles, etc., and the gal who owns it is darling!!! Can't wait to spend the evening with her.

Heard from dear Penny as she makes her way back from the Ukraine. Sounds as if she has the "Travelers Trots"!!! She has asked that I make a Drs appointment for her on Thurs--now that's serious!!! Hope she can get in---

Went in late to work yesterday am--as I am having TROUBLE sleeping, I took a melotonin tab on Sunday around 8pm and slept like the dead all night--it was heaven!!! BUT, couldn't get the body to waken Mon am, so I had to go in late!!! Really hated that--ha ha ha

Decided that I need some new things to wear this fall, so stopped by Old Navy yesterday. Now, I have been seeing on some different blogs the cute things others are buying at different places, ON included. Why is it that when I go in, there are never cute things????? And their t shirts, and knit shirts are FLIMSY!!! I dont' do flimsy well--tends to hug the areas that I would rather hide!! But I was able to find a long (and I really mean long) wool skirt for $9.99--it'll probably cost that much to have it hemmed--and I think I could make a jacket & vest out of what's left over!!!! I also found a sweater dress that I hope will look okay. Ever buy something, and think, "well, when I get all the underwear that holds me in, it'll look better"? I know that's dangerous territory, but I have to wear something!!! Also bought 2 long sleeved tops referred to as "baby doll". That implied that they would be looser as they get closer to the hips??? They actually fit just fine. Am not getting the "baby doll" description!!! I wasn't estatic when I left, but felt like I did have a couple of options -- and if the temperaturer will EVER fall, I can wear these items!!! Just have to find opaque tights for the sweater dress, and of course, some boots. Are you seeing that I like to have everything covered????? Even the ankles????? I am not that modest, it's just that as the years go on, I have developed not only cellulite, but spider veins that looks like the inter city road map of NYC!!!! It just feels better when no sking except the hand area is revealed!!! Between that cosmetic fault, and the tummy that won't go away, I tend to feel a bit self conscious!!! What a life!! I keep thinking if this tummy would just retreat a bit, I could have alot more clothing choices!!! No matter how many situps, how much I walk, how little I eat, the only place I can't loose is the tummy!!! It's forever stretched--not fair! I only had 2 kids!!! Forget the fact that the first was over 9 1/2 pounds!!! And I'm only 5' tall! And, that was 28 years ago. The tummy never forgets! The revenge is to stay as a reminder for what I put it through!!!

Enough--I must find a positive thought -- oh yes, I do like my blue eyes!!! I'll just find clothing with arrows that point upward! That'll be a distraction!!! Yea, right!

Well, must close for now--have already baked 5 layers of cake this morning & it's just 6!! Now off to get the luncheon things ready to go. Oops, here it comes, now I'm sleepy!!!

No comments: