Saturday, October 6, 2007

I'm Not Up To Being A Cheerleader!!!

Well, it's 12:45 a.m., I can't sleep (again) & in channel surfing I have come across "So You Want To Look Like A High School Cheerleader Again"-----you wouldn't believe the luggage these gals have!!! Not only is it high end designer, they have TONS of it at FAT CAMP!!!! And their boobs are totally too well supported--you get my drift. I guess I just don't want to be a cheerleader--can't go through the vanity, the selfishness, the shallowness that these gals are portraying!!! I guess I just don't have the right mindset. I guess I'm more of a Gretchen Wilson gal!!! They are cracking me up--the tears, the whining! I'm thinking I could sure write a more substansial TV show for all those out there like me, who don't sleep more than 3 hours at a time, are too spacey to read at this time, and just channel surf!
Last week I caught myself watching (deer in the headlights thing) "Rock of Love"--the show where Bret Michaels of Poison is trying to find his "true love". Looks like he's settling to me. My gosh, he could buy a gal--and those who are on the show look like they've been bought more than once!!! His choices included a pole dancer, stripper, cocktail waitress--and he can't figure out why he can't find his "love"????? Someone get that guy a "Dating for Dummies" book!!!
And what would my late, late night show be? How about "I Want To Craft Like Carol Duval"? or "Secrets of Martha"--Why do all the HGTV & Food Network & DIY goodies only play during the day??? That's when we're rushing around at work, or catching up on laundry, running errands, cooking for the family, etc., etc. When I can't sleep, that's when I need those shows!!!
Maybe the rest of the insomniac world is comprised of, sorry for this, but, MEN!!! I sure don't enjoy the outfits the gals are wearing! And, of course, there's always "Girls Gone Wild"--yucko! Can't change that channel fast enough. How about one "Meals Gone Right"???? Ok, I'm off that subject now!!
Had dinner at my mom's tonight with all the immediate fam around. Boy, it was nice to have someone else cook for me. I don't care if her beef & chicken are cooked too dry!!! The past two weeks has been non stop catering, and I really, really couldn't stand the thought of one more dish to dirty or clean! Thanks Mom, you came through again!
Truth be told, they had a birthday dinner for me!!!!! My Dad kept asking, Now how old are you??? I finally leered at him and said "I'm NOT saying it out loud Dad, you know how old I am". Then he guessed a year older than I actually will be--the verbal slap in the face!!! Parents never loose the ability to take a kid down a notch!!!
I did get to spend some time with little Hank. He's starting to say words "a tar" which means he sees a star! And he calls my niece Kelsi, Ka Ka---no one else would understand how endearing being called poop is!!! ha ha ha He loves pumpkins, so I'm making him a pumpkin costume for Halloween. Love to make costumes!! If I could dress in costume every day, I'd be a seamstress full time. Wait, I think the word at the office is that I DO dress in costume every day!!!
We decided to dress up at the office on Halloween and since there are 7 of us gals we are going to be the Seven Dwarfs--Kari, you don't know how appropriate your post of the Seven Menopausal Dwarfs was! Try as I did, they still want to be the original ones! We drew for names, and, as fate would have it, I'm Dopey. How true!!! At least I don't have a high mark to aim for!!! ha ha
Shabee Chick--you can believe your eyes! It was Pistol Pete--hey, for the right amount of dough, I'll do the Longhorns. No I won't, never, that was a lie, can't even think of that, what a travesty!!! I can't believe I even said that!!!
Queen Penny--I hope you are well in the Ukraine. As I was telling darling son tonight where you are, he pointed out they are in the midst of a civil war. Now I'm worried. You and being in the wrong place at the wrong time seem to go hand in hand. Don't tinkle!!! I miss you terribly, and am counting the days til you return!!! Need me some therapy!!!!
Well the migraine is beginning to subside so I'll close. Excedrine Migraine is a miracle worker, except it makes me stay awake even longer. Wonder what lame show I can find now!!!
Sleep well all!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hi, thanks so much for your nice comment on my blog! I, too, find myself up sometimes in the middle of the night, but I never watch TV; I uusally read. Of course, after I watched The Sixth Sense, I had a hard time being downstaires in the night -- kept thinking I was going to see "dead people!"
xoxo,
Mary

Michelle Legler said...

I totally agree with you on the TV shows. I can't stand all of the Reality Crap. I'm constantly saying "What is this world coming to?" Everything is about sex,sex,sex. So sad.
My kids keep bugging me to get DVR from our cable company. That way, we can record the shows we want to watch and watch them later, when all of the crap is on.
Happy Belated Birthday!!!!