Sunday, September 30, 2007

Whew!!! It' s Over!!!






This was Saturday! The meal was for 200--and we pulled another one off! Delivered a luncheon for 50 on Friday, and there comes a point a day or two ahead of the events that I begin to feel a bit of a panic, wondering if I really will get it all done this time. But once I get past that point, it's smooth sailing.
I absolutely LOVE this--and someday I hope it will be a primary vocation, but it is so very exhausting! After being on my feet for 16 hours straight, cooking, setting up, serving, tearing down, loading two days in a row, my feet hurt, my brain hurts, my back hurts, and I am filled with such a sense of pride! Pride that I can do it, pride that my food is top quality, pride in my organizational skills when it comes to this part of the job. Maybe I am too proud, but I know I work extremely, diligently, backbreakingly hard, and it's just a great feeling when it all comes together. So--give me some feedback on the cake---I need to hear others opinions!
In the meantime, I am going to bed!!! After I take some Ibuprophen, take off the make up, and watch the news. I'm numb with fatigue!
I'm looking forward to "Menopause Monday" -- and posting some "pet peeves" --boy was today filled with them!!!
Good night all--sleep well.

1 comment:

Shabbee Chick said...

Eeeeew! Is that Pistol Pete I see on the table???? Eeeeeew!