Saturday, December 15, 2007

Saturday, December 15



My Hank! He just makes my heart swell--I can't imagine life before he came and brought us joy! Read on below!!!




It's just been a perfect "Mayberry" week around here! All the family together, nowhere to go, watching Christmas DVD's, home cooking every night---the only downside has been the ice storm, and all the unfortunate without power. Other than that little bit of discomfort, (!!!), I have had the best time.


I've had my parents here (questionable in the comfortable area, but fun), my kids, and grandson, and we have just felt save with each other in sight.


Mom & Dad returned to their home, with generator power, yesterday. Today, after spending the day baking cookies all afternoon with daughter & sis, my son came in, received a call: his electric is back on, and out he went. (I can't believe he didn't want to stay just one more night!!!). Then daughter received a call from her area, and their electric is on. They started packing up like hummingbirds on crack, and are leaving in the morning. AND THEY ARE TAKING THE SWEETEST KID IN THE WORLD WITH THEM!!!!!~



Do any of the rest of you get this "sad from the bottom of your heart" feeling when your kids leave? Am I just emotionally sensitive? Already I am missing them!! And I'll see them next Sunday!!



But, you know, I always got terribly sad when they would leave for college after a weekend at home. Many times I just had to cry for a while, and feel my heart ache.



I really, really like my kids within sight! If we could afford to live like the Ewings on the old Dallas show, I would do it in a minute. Wish I had the land and all the house "wings" for us to just stay together. Aren't I silly?????
But, just look at that sweet cherub in the first two pictures---now you know why I'm so smitten. And why I can hardly stand the thought of being away from him--even for a week!!!
Well, anyhoo--I am just rambling. Truly tho, family is the most important possession in my life. And I guess it has gotten more valuable as I get older and realize just how much is invested in a family.
Ok, on to Christmas decorating & present wrapping this next week. I think I'm finished with all shopping except for one person---I'll wrap that up and have time to sit back and enjoy. Sometimes I think, when I traveling life too quickly, the good Lord slows me down in the most interesting ways. I've had time to get my cards out, get my baking done, get my shopping done, & now I have time to get the presents wrapped, the decorations finished, and even have time to go eat out and relax with hubby this week!!!
Well, friends, I'm tired tonight, so I'll sign off and get some sleep. Have a wonderful tomorrow---



No comments: