Wednesday, December 12, 2007

BRRRRRRR

It has been COLD and ICY here in Oklahoma!!! And, lo and behold, my little town was on the new as having received the "brunt" of the ice storm!!!


We lost power Sunday morning around 2 am and just got it back this afternoon (Wednesday) around 2 pm. Hubby bought a generator Sunday morning first thing, so we had "limited" electric, and we have a gas water heater and stove/oven, so we had hot water, and the ability to cook. We were living the high life compared to neighbors, including Queenie P!!!


Our town looks like a war zone--hopefully I can take some pics this evening and post them, I just wanted to communicate with all my blog buddies! Every tree in this town has been affected. Either completely obliterated, or damaged; limbs down everywhere! Power lines have "leaf chandeliers" hanging from them, roads are blocked by fallen limbs, houses have damage from the limbs--we have a car sitting in the backyard that has limbs all over it. It's just rather, no it's not rather--it's just REALLY sad. Our trees will never look the same, and so many were old, stately trees.


Well, I'll sign off for now & post more later.



4 comments:

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Hey Pam, glad to hear you're staying warm. Sorry about all the trees. My stepsister is devastated about her trees, too. She lives in Midwest City (OKC area) and lost some lovely ones from her yard. I've been racking my brain and, while I certainly remember ice storms from my youth, I just don't remember losing power all that much from them. Either I've blocked it all out or I was too young to care about them. lol

Hope the situation improves soon - I'll be thinking of you.
Kari

Phyllis Renée said...

Our power came on yesterday about 2:30! The first thing I thought was, "Now I can heat up my corn sac!" Glad to hear your safe.

Phyllis Renée said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chery said...

Hi Pam,
Thanks for the sweet comment. I sometimes think my pets are human, until they pull something like this. This is the 2nd bird that we have lost due to "wild animals!"
The first one was a parakeet.
You have such a lovely family & you look like someone I'd like to hang out with!! I noticed that you had on your OSU sweetshirt. We went to Stillwater on Saturday for a college visit for my son Nathan that is a Sr. I am kinda freaking out at the thought of him leaving home. I thought that he might stay at home & go to UCO. But, several of his buddies are going to be Cowboys next year. Nate is a big Sooner fan. He asked, "what do you think will happen if I wear my OU shirt on the OSU campus?" I told him that he wouldn't be the first!!
I'm glad that tomorrow is Friday!! Enjoy your weekend. Chery