Tuesday, October 30, 2007

And They Played & Played!

These are Hank's private stock of pumpkins!! We went outside and he carried them around all over the yard, lined them up on every flat surface he could find, and showed them to the neighbor cat--who, I'm certain, was thoroughly impressed. So much so that the cat ran (RAN) home. Could be that Hank tried to let the cat hold them!!!













These are the last of the gerbera daisies that are out in the flower bed. This week has been quite warm, but I doubt if that will last, and good-bye flowers. This is the first year I've had these & I just love them. Anyone know much about them? If so, do tell. Are they perennial? I guess I could look this up online, but it's nice to hear from you guys & I'd like to hear your experiences with them.

















I stayed home from work today! Hank didn't feel well yesterday, so to be on the safe side, I kept him today. What fun!! He actually felt really good!! Ha ha ha

It amazes me that he has matured so much in 1o days!! One really does forget quickly what children do!! He's now interacting constantly, jabbering non-stop and playing reasoning games with me. He's a real lover & boy, am I enjoying that!!! He & his mom are spending the night tonight so they can be here for Halloween. Our town has a "goblin parade" and feeds all the kids hot dogs. The churches have begun "Trunk or Treat" and, lucky me, our church sits right on Main Street at the very end of the parade route!!! I'm making hamburger stew & cornbread for all the members who are participating in the "Trunk or Treat". And the church will give out hot cocoa.

Anyway, Hank, along with his mom & dad, will be spending the Halloween evening with us!!! Other grandmother doesn't really "get into" holidays and all the traditions we practice in our family. Works for me!!! Not only do I get to be the "spoiler" grandma, I get to be the holiday one too!!! Have already purchased all the holiday sets Fisher Price has & they sit on Hank's little table in the living room. It'll always be a holiday when he's here!!!

I'll be taking pictures of the gals at the office tomorrow--remember, we're the 7 dwarfs (or dorks!!). We put up our "forest tree" yesterday, and today they are supposed to be painting the boulders on the entrance to "mine" (another office!). The boss came out yesterday while we were transforming the office--I think he considers us all nuts!!! We told him that, as all the dwarfs were taken, he could be Snow White!!! Don't think that's going to happen--after all, he is a former football/baseball coach!!!

Hope you all have a fun, safe, and exciting Halloween. Then Thursday--it's the race to Turkey Day!!!

4 comments:

Phyllis Renée said...

The gerbera daisies is considered a perennial, but not here in OK. You might try bringing them in during the winter. Be sure to water them regularly, but even then they might not last.

Chery said...

Okay, I must be a goober!! I have tried to reply back to your comments that you made on my post & I can't get it to work!! Oh well!! It sounds like you have fun plans for Halloween night. It will be so much fun with your precious Hank. I miss having little ones to help celebrate the holidays!! We had so much fun at our pumpkin carving party. Any reason to get hang out with friends works for me!! Thanks for your comments!! I get sooo excited when I have a post. Take some pictures of the 7 dwarfs!! Chery")

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

great pictures!! it looks like you had lots of fun! I love trunk or treats :-)

tommie said...

Looks like he had fun!