Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Phooey!!!

Well, dang it, we have just added to the number of people on unemployment!!!


Hubby showed up at the door of my kitchen at 9:00 a.m. this morning; we knew it was probably coming, but when you've dodged the bullet on several other layoffs, you kind of get that "invincible" feeling. No more! We are very "vincible" (is that even a word????) and now are among the ranks of those who will file for unemployment! It kind of kicks you in the stomach! But we know we will make it just fine---we know God will provide. And we need so little anymore! AND---I now have another employee & vehicle, so we can take more catering jobs! How's that for making lemonade?? We don't have bookings for tomorrow (probably a good thing), but we are fully booked for Thursday, and also for next Monday & Tuesday. And for Tues, Wed, and Thurs evenings. And that's all before the phone starts ringing and those "day before" bookings come in. See?? It's going to be just fine!!!




The bad side is that as of Feb 28 we have no insurance! Here's how we've jumped that hurdle--hubby went to the dentist today & had all necessary work done, and tomorrow he is going to the eye doctor and get up to date on all his needs there. And I will refill prescriptions tomorrow. Ha ha ha---we'll show them!! We'll make the most of the last few days of coverage we have!!!





You know, in the big scheme of things, life could be sooooo much worse! We are healthy---our kids are grown & have their own jobs---we have less debt than we have ever, EVER had before (thanks Dave Ramsey), so we'll just go forward with God on our side, and with thanks for what we have.




BTW---did you see 20/20 last Friday night? The show titled "Children of the Applachians"? Now THAT makes me grateful. And makes me understand how privileged and pampered we really are. It broke my heart to watch that---and I now HAVE to talk to our Missions Committee about what we can do.






Well, that's all for now. Life is good. God is good.

2 comments:

tommie said...

You are right, things will be fine!

I did watch that show. It was so depressing! I live in a fairly urban area. But even in this town I see a bit of that. The thing about the Mt Dew is so true. It is horrible. Some of the kids in the preschool classes of Will and Livi have rotten teeth...it is so sad.

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

I looove your outlook! You know, because of that awesome outlook and faith you have, I feel like you will be more than 100% wonderful!!!! I just know it!!

I must go look into that 20/20 episode, now... xoxo Happy cheery positive sparkles galore!!