Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pressure Cooked!!!!


Hello there friends & foes!! This is what I have been looking at for the past four days, round the clock!! Well, not actually--I have been home at 10:00 each night, and back at it early the next morning, at least by 6:00 a.m. I know why people lived above their shops in days of yore.
Anyway, I am sooooooo glad that this is Wednesday evening. I have been fully, and I mean FULLY, booked through this evening. Why just today: 225 meals @ Saint Francis Labs by 11:00 a.m., lunch at church to oversee, 70 more meals at the Labs by 5:00 p.m. and then dinner service for 25 in Broken Arrow. At a home that was 12,ooo--that's taaaawelve thousand---square feet large. We only stayed in the two adjoining kitchens and served to the three dining rooms!!!!! It was ostentatious, arrogant, flamboyant, gaudy, --- could I think of more adjectives??? Probably. And to top it off, they had all of these oil pictures (is there a fancier name??) with scripture on them. And they were the coldest, most demanding bunch! Just what I feel Jesus himself would NOT have been!!! Now, if you read my blog, you know I'm a practicing Christian, but come on---if you're going to hang it on your wall, please, PLEASE, wear it on your sleeve!!!
Tomorrow I have a breakfast for 75, and two lunches---one for 10, and one for 45. Then a lunch for 40 to be picked up at 8:00 a.m. Friday, a lunch for 15 to deliver, then a dinner for 15 to deliver at 5:30. Whew!! I'll be glad when it's tomorrow night! Saturday is family cookie day, and I WILL NOT reschedule that! Even if I do have a lunch to deliver at 11:30 Saturday--it's here in town, so shouldn't be a problem. Monday a lunch in Sapulpa, Tuesday a lunch in Sand Springs and one in Tulsa, and then----MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! It's over for the year!!! I think I'm going to take off til January 15.
Well, friends--I may not be commenting on your blogs right now, but I'm reading you!!! And enjoying each word.
I'm just living in a pressure cooker!!!

No comments: