Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkins & Parties

Do you like my pumpkins??? I saw this idea in a magazine (good grief, I have sooo many I don't remember which one), and thought they were quite cute. But I have to admit---I CHEATED!!!! The one I saw had been painted, and I wanted a "short cut". So---I used a permanent marker!! Dried quick as a flash and looks just as good! And, yes, that is an old container on the sideboard--oops! That's what we get Abby's food from the garage in to put in her bowl. I completely forgot it was there when I snapped this!
Now, I am fully aware that I left the school 6 weeks ago (my how time flies!!!), but one of my dear ex-co-workers (and dear friend) just gave me some pictures she took that last day. I wanted to share them with you to give you an idea of how nice that bunch of people are! I think I posted about the flowers I got on a previous post, but aren't they just too pretty?
This is a picture of two dear friends. On your left (in white shirt) is a dear friend who has shared many memories with me. She lived across the street from us, her daughter babysat for my kids, and I have spent many, MANY Saturday nights at her kitchen table playing cards. We even took a "neighborhood" trip to Hawaii together ages ago. We've been through alot together and I love her dearly. The one on your right (in blue shirt) is a childhood friend and soul sister!!! She's the gal I began catering with. Tho I am older than she is, we grew up on the same street, worked for the same dentist, go to church together, and ended up at the same office! Our in-laws were bestest friends too. She is the one who took my place, so now she sits in my old office. She's a hoot, tons of fun, and a dear dear person to know. And know what?? My daughter babysat for her daughter!
Now these two gals are two workers I couldn't image not having known!! The one in the Code Red (football jargon) is quite a bit younger than I, so even tho we are both from the same area, I didn't get to know her until she came to work. And she is one fun gal!!! She kept me sane the entire time I was working with her. And smart! She can do any job you put in front of her. She kept us in stitches each and every day. And the one with the floral shirt? She is one of the truly kindest, most genuine people I have ever had the pleasure to know. I wish I could have been around her forever and ever! She is married to a sweetheart of a guy and they have the two cutest (grown) daughters I have ever seen! I miss all of these gals. So every now and again, I have to stop in and say a quick "hi" and keep in touch with them.




So tomorrow I have a wedding reception--this is one I will be staying and serving for, and decorating the food table. I'll be taking some pictures of this one to share with you. The bride is so sweet--we met the other day to go over details. Poor thing--she learned just a couple of weeks back that the business had sold. Can you imagine thinking you have booked one caterer only to find out it's someone you have no knowledge of!!! So, I want to really knock her socks off with this reception. And she has a wedding coordinator, so I want him to get an idea of my "good" work. This could lead to further jobs!!



With all the economic fears, I have been a little concerned about what it would do to my business. But it seems to be staying busy, and I have already booked some holiday events. So, maybe the recession will arrive here after it's over--ha ha ha!!!



Just a few thoughts from my Saturday!



Have a good day--relax and read a magazine! Christmas is just down the lane.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Hi!
Love your pumpkins! Hope you have great success at your catering job tomorrow. Thanks for your comments on my Friday post!
Carol :0)

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

You are forbidden from posting pictures of yourself ever again. Unless you reveal your true age, which is what? 27???????

Grow some wrinkles and then come talk to me, okie-dokie?

:)

Kari (aka: The Old Looking Chick South of Oklahoma)

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

P.S. I forgot to say how clever I thought it was of you to have used the perm. marker.
I never would have thunk of that...


Kari