Monday, June 16, 2008

Oh The Things That Can Happen

It's been a "aha" day!! I went over to the little (and I emphasize LITTLE) sandwich shop behind my office to get a cup of iced tea and THERE HE WAS----Garth himself!!!! I walked right by, acted like he was just another customer, ordered my tea, talked to the cashier, started out, glanced over and he smiled !!!

He and his three girls had come to Little Town for lunch--see they live in the next community, and have been known to eat at this sandwich shop. Now I have to tell you, everyone has their "Garth sightings" except me!!! I haven't seen him at Reasor's or Kohl's or Delta Cafe, or any of the other popular "Garth" hangouts! So this was cooooollllll!!! I said something like "how are ya doin" and HE STOOD UP and SHOOK MY HAND and said "you are?" I wanted to say "A big fat dork", but I gave him my name and he introduced me to his girls---cute gals! They are middle school aged and up. One of them had the cutest hair do, and in typical gal style I said "Oh your hair is sooo cute!".

And that was it. He was very approachable, personable, and kind! And he was wearing a hat like this one and shorts. My brush with fame!



On the flip side---I don't particularly like golf-- TOOOO SLOOOOWWW!!!!

But--we did watch the US Open this weekend (it being Father's Day weekend and all) and I actually got interested!! Even watched the "sudden death" playoff at work today. I have to admit, I was rooting for the underdog, Rocco Mediate (oooo love that name Rocco!).

Does any one out there get as tired as I do????? I woke up this morning--Monday--and felt like I'd been hit by a Mac Truck!!! Just can't do the weekends like I used to! Gosh darn it I hate that about getting more mature!!! I used to have the energy of a power plant, could go for days and days at full speed. But now after a couple of full speed days---I must recharge my batteries. And they sure ain't energizers!!!

Well, off to try to make some sense of my cluttered kitchen!

Have a great evening!!

2 comments:

Mosaic*Queen said...

Oooooooh!!!! You Lucky Girl!!! I LOVE Garth!!! I went to one of his concerts years ago and had the best time! We were in the standing room only area, right in front of the stage, where we could dance, dance, dance. My husband doesn't like to dance and he was feeling a bit cramped and grumpy, so I danced with everyone else that was in close range LOL!!!

Shabbee Chick said...

I know! He came to Haley's funeral and I've been around him a little bit and I'm still a little goofy when he comes in the room. Guffaw Guffaw Guffaw. I'm worse when Trisha is with him because I LOVE her.