Tuesday, February 12, 2008

John Deere Green

Have you heard that song? I'm not sure who sings it,
"John Deere Green, On a warm summer's night, Billy Bob loves Lorene" and so on. It's stuck in my head!!!!!



I'm making a John Deere tractor cake for my niece's boyfriend's birthday tonight, and I can''t get that song out of my head---- yyyiiiikkkkkeeeesssss!

Had to make a flying trip to pick up Hank tonight! Poor little girl of mine has the FLU, and so I offered to take him for a couple of days!!! Yipee!!! So, went & got him, told the boss I needed a couple of sick days, so it's "play with Hank" for the rest of the week!!! Now, I don't want dear daughter to be ill, but she just WON"T let me have him for any length of time otherwise. Hope she's all good as new real soon!!! But I intend to enjoy Hank for the time being!!!!

Had a luncheon to cater today. And, I fixed the most unusual (well, I thought so!) casserole----Pineapple Casserole. Ever heard of it??? I hadn't until in Dec when one of my customers requested it, so after searching high and low, found what I thought they wanted. It's been a hit ever since. Want the recipe? Here goes: (serves 10)

1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, undrained

2 (20 oz)cans pineapple chunks, drained

Mix these together in casserole dish.

Mix together 1 2/3 cups sugar & 4 TBS flour

Sprinkle over pineapple. Top with 2 cups shredded cheddar

Top with 2 cups crushed saltine crackers

Melt 1 stick butter and pour over crackers

Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

Well, that's it--the most requested dish this month.

Hope all of you have a happy Valentine's Day--I'll be playing with Hank.

Hugs & Hearts!

1 comment:

nene P said...

I sent you the FUNNIEST card in school mail today ... go get it!