Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Post Christmas Day!



I wonder if that really is a term? "Post Christmas"???? Well, it's after (post) and I'm posting!!! hee hee hee So this must be "Post Christmas"!!!



I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We spent the major portion of each day EATING!!!!! I'm going to look like Santa's Wife!!! Better just move on up to the North Pole--at least there the clothes cover the lumps!!! We had dinner Sunday at the in-laws, Christmas Eve after service at Lonestar Steak House, brunch here on Christmas Day, and dinner at sis's that evening!!!! Usually I cook on Christmas Eve and everyone comes here after the service, but I have fought a Killer Migraine for the past week, so we all opted to eat out. Have to share a recipe I found for brunch---yummy---it's called




"Orange Marmalade French Toast"

24 slices of sourdough bread, buttered

1 12 ounce jar orange marmalade

6 eggs

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup milk


Layer 12 slices bread (butter side down) in sprayed baking dish. Spoon marmalade on top & spread. Top with 12 slices bread (butter side up). Combine remaining ingredients, pour over bread, cover & refrigerate at least 8 hours. Top with pecans or walnuts, bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

I think you could use other jams, preserves, etc and it would be just as heavenly!!!



We had Chicken Piccata for Christmas dinner. Always made by my brother in law---yummy! This year we added a baked turkey & dressing cause some of the grown "kids" are PICKY!!!! But, it's Christmas, and one should have what they want to eat on Christmas. Dinner at inlaws always consists of teryaki steak & fried rice, with a variety of sides. Now you can understand why I'm getting "lumpy"!!!



Have to say, watching a child open presents is magical!!! Hank loved opening his presents, and playing with all of them at once. He got some John Deere tractors which proved to be his favorites!!! He loves to line them all up and then take them "out in the field" one by one. He also found a balloon he had a blast bouncing around. I'm posting a picture (don't know where this one will fall on this post!!!)--it's Hank and his cousin, Michael. Michael was in his "pack-n-play" and it struck me that Hank was explaining how big boys don't have to be in those anymore!!! Another pic is of the cousins watching a top. My mother in law finds the best toys!!! This one has a train that rotates and makes train noises as it spins. Everyone, adults & kids, was mesmerized by this!!! The other winner was a "Curious George Jack in the Box"!!! I chose this one---yoo hoo, winner!!! Both little cousins got one, and my 29 year old son liked it soooo much, that instead of Santa bringing one to Hank, he brought one to my son!!! And son loved it!!!! Christmas does bring out the children in our family!!! And, I think we should all get some kind of toy, regardless of age!!!
Well, better run for now. This house isn't going to organize itself. And, Pushing Daisies is on. Does anyone else like this show??? I find it fun! But then, I have a strange sense of humor! My hubby doesn't like it at all, but then, some people just don't "get it"!!! I like it.
Have a restful night! The Christmas push is over for a year. We can all go back to laziness!!!!!

2 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

thanks for the great french toast recipe. i can't wait to try it!

Mosaic*Queen said...

I'm going to the North Pole with you!! I've been eating myself right out of my clothes!!! :-)
Hugs!
Happy New Year!!
Michelle